dx10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
Is no-one bothered by the ultimate redundancy of the 8 series cards by the first dx10 patch??? about a week ago windows released the details about dx10.1 and it is not compatible with current dx10 cards, so I am surprised that there is no discussion of this here......

DX10.1 is just minor update of DX10, there is noting special about DX10.1 just search google

All DX10.1 games will run on DX10 video cards, so this means that DX10 and DX10.1 will be outdated at the same time

Unfortunately we will have to buy a DX10.1 card to support all its features, our DX10 cards will still be able to run DX10.1 games, just not with all the features:

From Microsoft's SDK (Software Development Kit) Notes:

Direct3D 10.1 is an incremental, side-by-side update to Direct3D 10.0 that provides a series of new rendering features that will be available in an upcoming generation of graphics hardware.

- TextureCube Arrays which are dynamically indexable in shader code.
- An updated shader model (shader model 4.1).
- The ability to select the MSAA sample pattern for a resource from a palette of patterns, and retrieve the corresponding sample positions.
- The ability to render to block-compressed textures.
- More flexibility with respect to copying of resources.
- Support for blending on all unorm and snorm formats

Lol we barely have any dx10 games.. don't worry about dx10.1 yet >.>

its been said.. something new and upgraded is Always going to come out. That will never change. once we get through all this it will be dx11. just like it was 9.

yeah, I agree 100% it would be cool if the ultra I spent a ton of money on performed dx10.1 like any other card. Would make me feel a bit better about spending the money. But that doesn't mean it's not going to perform well enough to make me happy. So no regrets.

..and if it doesn't ill go buy a cyanide capsule instead. lmao kiddin, ill more likely bite the bullet and upgrade to whatever DX10.1 card Nvidia releases. (yes long after ati.. but idc)

I know we don't have many dx10 games yet its next week for vistas first anniversary and dx10 support but we only have 4 games whic have been released for it. I just find it annoying that they have screwed the consumer like this and not for any major benefit i.e dx10 was to boost vista sales which is annoying but good marketing strategy on windows part so forgiveable whilst Dx10.1 just seems random and obscure release to screw up the entire market

<<< Happens to be waiting for DX10.1 cards and above.

I figure if Iam going to build a new rig.. it should last a while... so why have to re-update it soon just to play new games.

I agree with that. I had the bright Idea to order my card first out of all my pc parts a month or more ago. You know, get the expensive ones over with while im ahead on my bill payments?

I never said I was brilliant. lol

Ah well by the time I see a viable difference in visuals between dx10 and 10.1 ill have this up and runnign and maybe a bit of money saved. Then i'll ebay my card for a new one. i'll still get a decent chunk of change back unless the nvidia market crashes XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom