DVI to DVI vs VGA to DVI adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Hey guys, I just got a VA902B monitor, bad part is, no DVI input, but I got a sweet deal since its from work and with rebates drops it to 170 dollars, Next week there is an LG going on sale and i can grab it for 255 after rebates, 85 dollars more, and it comes with a DVI input.

is there THAT much of a diff between DVI and VGA hookups to mean i should grab it? (yes i can get all my money back for the one i already bought since it is in town, and i can always take back till i get one without a dead pixel) Thanks alot guys.

BTW, what do you clean them with, water?

Thanks guys.

-Josh

no, not really.

i had an LCD with both inputs, and i switched back and forth and couldnt tell a difference. the only difference was that with DVI i could press the auto set button (sets the size and edges and stuff) and it worked a whole lot better than with vga where i had to do it manually

I did the autop set and it seems to havew done it perfectly on my monitor, maybe its just that though..

It depends on the monitor. With my Samsung 930b and was noticeable sharper than with a standard vga. Seems to be that way with a lot of 19" and up monitors. The difference seems a bit more noticeable in games (to me anyways) and by the specs of your comp JoshSB it looks like you do a little of that ;)
As far as cleaning, for the love of god do NOT use Windex it'll destroy your lcd. You can use Monster Cleaner (spray bottle) and that works really well and you can get it cheap at employee discount, otherwise if you want a free fix just use distilled water in a spray bottle and a static free cloth.

Hmm, I may just buy the other monitor next week and set it up as a dual monitor then take back whichever is worse, granted, if its not that bad of a diff then ill probably go with the viewsonic.

The LG going on sale is the L1952T-BF, but for the life of me I cannot find it on LG's site or anywhere else, its a very very nice monitor, and I can almost garentee im going to get it, but I like to check reviews on items before I get them, with this monitor I cannot seem to find it on the internet, I think it may be built specifically for retail use... Any suggestions/ideas? I can get it for $255, and LG is a pretty good brand so im not worried about brand suckiness, what are your g uys's thoughts.

http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=571772&Ntt=lg+1952&uniqueSearchFlag=true&An=text

Thats the link to the LG L1952T-BF

Thanks for all your thoughts guys.

-Josh

one of my friends stated that because I have a DVI-I output on my video card that it will just use the analog side and use only one conversion thus with no degradation in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom