Dell and AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Profanity snipped, read the rules] froze over or dell went to court ;)

ironic that they get AMD chips now that AMD is on a little down road :-\

that article was from nov. 2005?

but anyway, thats insane. anyone who feels comfortable buying individual parts knows enough about computers that anything from dell is going to be rediculously over priced... anyone who doesn't know that dell's stuff is rediculously over-priced probably does not feel comfortable buying indiviudal components. dell is in a lose-lose deal. :rolleyes:

what i dont understand is that dell prays on people who are ignorant about computers... yet these people that i talk to about dells have no idea what a hard drive is... my friend just picks the highest numbers she sees when she bought hers... that and she got it in the color she wanted :p

but really, when people see 2.2ghz and 3.0ghz, which one will they choose??

:-\

hellfrozenover.jpg

Dell has sold AMD chips for a while, but they want too much.

Dell has also stated that they will begin to use Opterons in some of their high-end servers.

people are really ignorant, my friend was like "My computer is pretty new, I got the hard drive from my friend, so i just had to buy a monitor"

Me: "Hard drive?"
Him: "You no that big boxed thing"
Me: "Oh, that, would be the computer"
Him: "w/e"

hahaha yeah but the worst part is when your friends know that you know whats going on in a computer so everytime something screws up they call you and they want you to fix it for them...it gets quite annoying

That article is pretty old seeing as its from Nov. 2005...

A more recent occurance; Dell started to openly sell AMD Opteron servers as "they've been performing much better than the competition." It drove Intel's already-flailing stock price to below 52-week low levels.

What surprised me is that this is practically on the eve of the Woodcrest release. The Woodcrest processors, more than either Conroe or Merom, have been performing amazingly. Clicky. This is a strange move by Dell, and I'm wondering if they're just going to suddenly drop the Opterons when the Woodcrest Xeons come out in June.

Either that, or Dell has a way with getting the worser performer of the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom