Conversion

Matt77

Daemon Poster
Hey guise,
I have an Asus EEE PC 1005HAB netbook, that I'd like to turn into a desktop. How would I go about doing so? I want to put it into a MicroATX case or something.

Would be pretty difficult as you would have to custom make the mounts for the board itself, then make extensions for the LCD cables so you can mount it on the side panel or something. Then you would have to always use USB mouse and keyboard as you would need to remove or snip the ribbon cables that attach those to the board.

Why mount the board? What are you gonna do, toss the guts in there without screwing it down and call it a day?
roll.gif
beerchug.gif

Here is a mini itx motherboard/cpu combo for a whopping $94:
Newegg.com - ASRock E350M1 AMD E-350 APU (1.6GHz, Dual-Core) AMD A50M Hudson M1 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo
So just add some ddr 3 ram, an extra hdd you might have laying around and get a low profile psu. You could even use the box the motherboard comes in as a case as long as you don't tip it over. Or better yet screw the motherboard into the cardboard lol
40gb hard drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136897\
Don't know if you want to spend that much. You could probably just ask your neighbor if they have an ancient pc in their closet that they don't need.

Last edited:
I have $200 to spend on this >_>

It needs to have a 200gb+ HDD, LOTS O' RAM, a CD-ROM drive, fan kontrolluh, and video kard.

On that particular motherboard, it has integrated video. If that's not enough, that motherboard has a pci-e slot.
How much ram do you need? Is 4gb enough? CD drives aren't that expensive. Dvd drives cost around $20 so i'm sure a cd drive will be less if you can actually find one.
320GB hard drives are around $60.
What will you be using this pc for anyway?

Back
Top Bottom