cheap tv tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, im in the market for a tuner now (my AIW just died....rip best ati card ever)

well anyways, im in a bit of a perdiciment. I need a dvd burner so I can back up my stuff to reinstall, but I also need a tv tuner. The pc will be set up as a .....

what the **** am I saying, im getting money next week for a pc I sold, ill use the money from that for my dvd burner.

Now for the issue at hand, I need a tv tuner, It is going to be set up as a DVR, tivo type thing. 4 requirements:

Coax Input
Composite Input
S-Video Input (record my screen, lol)
and
a remote.

but, the remote HAS to be able to turn the pc ON. The pc will be hidden behind the tv so its not an eyesore (too shiny, you look at it more than the tv!...i wish) but the location that the pc will be at, it will be extremely hard to turn it on. But the video from our receiver will be sent thru the tuner, and played thru the software, or media center.

So the pc has to be turned on from acrost the room while sitting down on a couch (15ft away)

Well, I have 2 cards in mind, one for sure thats perfect, but a FM tuner would be awesome since I listen to that all the time (X1039 baby)

so the two cards I am looking at are:

Leadtek TV2000XP

and

MSI TVanywhere Plus

unless you can find another one.

I have $30 to work with, can get my pops to cover shipping.

well I have been looking into it, and it seems the leadtek is the better deal, but the msi comes with some prety cool software (hmm....some googling will fix that right up)

so im almost set on the leadtek, just one thing to check in my bios and i might get it. (might, because i dont know if someone will suggest a better one)

haupage are suppose to be the best tuner company I think its there novatech series most people buy or at least thats the name that springs to mind.....

check your motherboard manual or go into the bios and see if it has the setting turn on by: keyboard, mouse, PCI. simple as

Error

There's one for $20 if you want save some $$.

In my experience they're all pretty much the same...

But with the stations changing over to HD, you should consider an HD tuner so you can get those sweet HD channels being broadcast over the air now...

Error

$60, works on a laptop, comes with an atenna. If I was going to buy one I'd prolly buy that.

Or one for $50 that's in a PCI slot:

Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom