Cheap large portable display for watching movies

Gallen

Beta member
Hi fellow techists I need some help. I basically want a to build/buy a giant portable video player that can read movies off a usb or internal drive. I'd like the display to be preferably 1080p resolution but 720 will do just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Define what you consider giant and what you consider portable.

Do you want it to run off a battery? If so, that would limit the size of the screen.

You could find a 10-12" tablet that would fit your needs.

Hi Gallen, you're the first person i've spoken to who would want somethign liek that... and what you're describing is exactly what i'm trying to build as a hobby... my thread detailing the contruction process is 2 threads above yours right now.. take a look.. is that the sort of thing you'd actually be looking for? (with a polished case, a suitcase handle on top and finished with 1 usb port and hdmi/vga input) so in short a portable 17 inch screen that however requires to be plugged in a wall socket for power.

I'm askign this for ideas on what to have my project evolve into. There isn't really someone so far that would have a practical use for my little project. Although it could hold alot more than a tablet.. so usb sticks, a pair of headphones.. all hidden within the back of the case... please jsut throw down any ideas that would make my hobby product actually viable to a fan of digital entertainment like yourself. (I'm not interested in making money out of it, i just want to do a good job on this one product I'm making by hand, that's all)

any ideas are very much appreciated. thanks in advance!

oh also, i'd be happy to inform you on how to build your own! although most of the information you need is already available in my thread. it is entitled (building a monitor from scratch)

Back
Top Bottom