Building Phenom II System

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
I really wanna build a Phenom II system.. but i heard all the Mobo you have to Bios Flash it for it to even boot up.. another words you have to put an old CPU to boot it up then change it out to update bios etc... is there a motherboard that is out.. where you can get your parts put it all together and it boot up right and do right.. without doing bios flash and all that?

If the mobo supports phenoms already, it will boot with a phenom II chip.

Once inside windows you can use the update utility provided by the board manufacturer to load the appropriate bios.

If the mobo supports phenoms already, it will boot with a phenom II chip.

Once inside windows you can use the update utility provided by the board manufacturer to load the appropriate bios.

Yeah but on newegg reviews people are having problems with loading any kind of OS... having BSOD and just alot of problems in general.. they said even after updating BIOS same thing.. just makes me kinda scared to build a Phenom II :/ lol

people on newegg are full of fail.

I had no issues...installed the chip on the board. Installed windows, did some overclocking and stuff and flashed my bios earlier today.

It reset my overclock, so went back into bios and set it again.

people on newegg are full of fail.

I had no issues...installed the chip on the board. Installed windows, did some overclocking and stuff and flashed my bios earlier today.

It reset my overclock, so went back into bios and set it again.

Yeah, Any experience with the Biostar 790GX mobo? on reviews saying you had to download bios.. but its not on the biostar website at all.. something about contacting biostar just to get your hands on it.. sounds like trouble all around.. but then again i could get it and not have a single problem hard to tell

never used anything from biostar.

Ive only worked with asus and foxconn..and both are generally very good about providing bios updates.

Yeah, Any experience with the Biostar 790GX mobo? on reviews saying you had to download bios.. but its not on the biostar website at all.. something about contacting biostar just to get your hands on it.. sounds like trouble all around.. but then again i could get it and not have a single problem hard to tell

My board didn't support the X2 7750 (basically a Phenom with only two cores). But I dropped my chip right into its socket and its been running great ever since.

phenom II here also

newegg guys are fail like ri said.

you can flash bois after you put together your rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom