Building a gaming high-end Gaming PC. PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMBrooker85

Solid State Member
Hi guys, i spoke to some freinds seeking suggestions on what kind of gaming computer to build and they said this would be a great place to post and ask. So basically what im looking to find out is what i should be getting as far as a high end gaming Desktop. Heres what i want:

A gaming PC that will run any game out there smooth as butter. But its so hard to know what to put in it. So many different CPU's Video Cards, etc, i need some help. The reason i need help is im willing to go a little "all out" with this but i want to make sure im not getting stuff thats overkill and wont be utilized, OR not enough. Because i refuse to believe the only way to get the most out of any of the games out there you have to spend $10,000 dollars on an Alienware with all the most powerful junk out at the time.

Ive got an example I put together for you guys to look at/critique. This is only at about $1,250 which isnt that bad considering ill be getting about $350out of my computer now. But i want to know whether something like this is going to be overkill and not needed, or if im gona be running everything at Medium with a so-so FR.

CASE: CoolerMaster Centurion 590 RC-590 Mid-Tower 420W Case

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9850 2.5 GHz Black Edition Quad-Core

MOTHERBOARD: Asus M2N SLI NVIDIA nForce 560 SLI MCP Chipset DDR2/800SATA RAID PCI-Express

MEMORY: 3GB PC6400 DDR2/800 Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

VIDEO CARD 2: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

POWER SUPPLY: 635W SLI Ready

Could i afford to cut back in some places and this still be a beast machine or this looking wimpy?

You would be better off going with Intel because they are making better cpu's right now something like the q6600. The case is good, I have one and it has really good cooling, and are you going with XP or Vista?

Hi guys, i spoke to some freinds seeking suggestions on what kind of gaming computer to build and they said this would be a great place to post and ask. So basically what im looking to find out is what i should be getting as far as a high end gaming Desktop. Heres what i want:

A gaming PC that will run any game out there smooth as butter. But its so hard to know what to put in it. So many different CPU's Video Cards, etc, i need some help. The reason i need help is im willing to go a little "all out" with this but i want to make sure im not getting stuff thats overkill and wont be utilized, OR not enough. Because i refuse to believe the only way to get the most out of any of the games out there you have to spend $10,000 dollars on an Alienware with all the most powerful junk out at the time.

Ive got an example I put together for you guys to look at/critique. This is only at about $1,250 which isnt that bad considering ill be getting about $350out of my computer now. But i want to know whether something like this is going to be overkill and not needed, or if im gona be running everything at Medium with a so-so FR.

MOTHERBOARD: Asus M2N SLI NVIDIA nForce 560 SLI MCP Chipset DDR2/800SATA RAID PCI-Express

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

VIDEO CARD 2: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

Could i afford to cut back in some places and this still be a beast machine or this looking wimpy?

Why buy a pre-built? build it yourself....also that sigma shark PSU is eh. I know that it is a sigma shark becuase thats the only freakin PSU i know of that is rated at 635w. Also i know cyberpower pc is the one that carries the sigma shark...

Build it yourself and go with Intel quad-core.
CPU: Q6600
Mobo: 750i FTW
GPU: 2x 8800GT
HDD: WD 640GB
RAM: 2x2Gb of G.skill DDR2-1000 PQ or Pk series
PSU: Corsair 650TX, Xigmatek 650w
Case: CM 690

add a Xigmatek HD-S1283 for 35 bucks though

Total on the egg comes to $1,075.92

You get a much better PSU, more and better ram,faster and larger HDD, and Intel quad's are more powerful all for about a hundred less or so after shipping.

Please don't be another victim buying a pre-built computer (god forbid, buying a DELL). If you buy the parts yourself you are able pick out every single part that goes into your computer. You will be able to get much better performance as well as save tons of money.

Plus, building a computer is not hard at all, as long as you take your time and make sure to do your research before you blindly buy things (ask us) you will be proud of the gaming monster you yourself created. Plus, you can show it off you all your friends, because you have a kick** case and blue leds and it's much better then theirs.

Seriously :p
Look at some of the cases @ Newegg.com

Why buy a pre-built? build it yourself....also that sigma shark PSU is eh. I know that it is a sigma shark becuase thats the only freakin PSU i know of that is rated at 635w. Also i know cyberpower pc is the one that carries the sigma shark...

You get a much better PSU, more and better ram,faster and larger HDD, and Intel quad's are more powerful all for about a hundred less or so after shipping.

You telling me i can get all this for $1,075.92?

BTW can you be more specifec on some of the parts? I dont know what brand the Hard Drive is (WD 640GB).

I say get that.. totally wipes the floor with that AMD build you chose... also sometimes Phenom's don't work on non 7 series nVIdia boards...

Either that you can get a P35 or X38 board and get 1 HD 4850 and add another one in the future and it'd cost around the same as your prebuild Cyberpower

+1 do what they are saying.

WD is Western Digital, a good brand, but I'd recommend seagate.

BTW look at my signature, thats my current build.

I only need the graphics card, which I will get for around 130-150 (8800 GT)
It will at add up to almost 600 not even, but close.

Just to show you how much you can save, this is a really bad *** monster. (my computer)
Most of my components I got for cheap because I bought used from craigslist. they were brand new, (sealed) but they had an owner making them "used"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom