Building gaming computer - ordering soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester070993

In Runtime
I'm building a going computer with the money that I get from christmas, and I plan on ordering it christmas day or the day after. I just want your guys inputs and options on it, and if everything will work together.

PSU: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Thermal compound: Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease
Case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER NV 690 NV-690C-KWN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Motherboard: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Video card: Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N971-TR GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
CPU: Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 Wolfdale 2.66GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Hard drive: Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
DVD drive: Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
OS: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic SP1 64-bit English 1pk for System Builders DSP OEI DVD - Operating Systems
CPU cooler: Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Other
Case fans: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER R4-S2S-124K-GP 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans
Mouse: Newegg.com - Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical 1800 dpi Gaming-Grade Mouse - Mouse
WiFi adapter: Newegg.com - EDIMAX EW-7128G IEEE 802.11b/g PCI Wireless Card Up to 54Mbps Data Rates 64/128-Bit WEP, 802.1x, WPA, AES - Wireless Adapters

You probably want at least Vista Home Premium. Make sure it's 64-bit. Other than that, everything looks good. What does your total come to?

All together it comes to $860.16 not including s&h and also I have to pay a $100 tax since I live in CA. :(
And the OS is 64 bit.

Yuck! Tax sux. I saw that it was 64-bit, but Home Basic is....well, really basic. I think you'd be better off with XP and 2 GB of memory.

I know, it sucks. But why not go with basic, is there something wrong with it? And I don't really want to go with XP because I want to play games in DX 10.

I know, it sucks. But why not go with basic, is there something wrong with it? And I don't really want to go with XP because I want to play games in DX 10.

Windows Vista: Compare editions

As you can see, home basic is pretty much a crippled operating system. Pick anything but that and you will be good to go. Also, you made a pretty nice build.
Right...I was just going to link to that. Basically for $10 more you are getting a ton more features. As far as getting Vista just for DX10 gaming...it's not worth it. Trust me...that is why I got Vista and have been horribly disappointed. Luckily for me Ultimate was only $100. Therefore, I have my machine dual-booted because I refuse to give up XP stability...haha. Anyway, bottom line: for $10 more you are getting much more out of the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom