AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penryn is a die shrink and optimization step. The next tick or tock whatever it might be is new archetecture on a 45nm then another tick/tock to 32nm. Why is amd being so secretive about their phenoms with the launch so close?

dont know how much of a change penryn is from current quads (kentsfield?). a die shrink i am sure, but that didnt do much for brisbane, added a couple hundred mhz headroom and lower power usage/temps.

there are already a lot of Penryn benchmarks out there showing that it IS faster clock for clock than the current 65nm quads

we havent really seen any kind of reliable agena benches either.
it will be a fine quad core. i like AMD, and so therefore i will be buying one of their new chips. it will be the newest chip technology (newer than penryn even though it comes out before), and that (newest tech) is always a nice thing to have IMO.
its a personal preference.
5-10% faster is not enough for me to shoot the ghost to a company i respect. 50% faster, meh maybe lol.
and keep in mind there are and will be certain apps that AMD dominates.

Purchasing the best performing product for the money is what it's about...anything else is just totally unreasonable and frankly quite mad.

it would have to perform better in relation to the price for me to even consider it. and i dont think it will. c2d doesnt. ie if it costs 20% more it needs to be 20% better across the board. actually it would have to do better than that for me to consider it. because i would have to part with my 590 mobo, and that aint likely any time soon.
i just have preferences based on my own principles. its not insane, nor is it unreasonable. its just different than some, and hard for some to understand if that is not the way they are made.
actually, lemme add on to that...
it would be like your friend gives you a graphics card to try out in you r computer against your own.
your card gets 30 fps.
his gets 31.5-33fps. (a 5-10% increase)
so you take your card out and trash it, then pay more for his.
that, my friend, strikes me as unreasonable.

well im sure the phenom will perform 5/10% beter if not more then the curent intle chips, so theyl prbably be on par with the penryn, plus there is the fact that, the phenom isnt releasing its full line up yet.

Amd gt player, you should really stop pulling stuff out of your you know what.

For the sake of this thread. :)

Does not look good for AMD. Neither does the RV670, but we'll see.. :\

well im sure the phenom will perform 5/10% beter if not more then the curent intle chips, so theyl prbably be on par with the penryn, plus there is the fact that, the phenom isnt releasing its full line up yet.

5-10% better at most, PER CLOCK, meaning Unless they come at 3.0ghz + they WONT be on par.

Given this, they certainly won't be on par price wise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom