AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.
well yeah but it's supposed to be competing with Penryn.....and hopefully the Phenom clocks as high as the Q6600 g0 processors otherwise ....well that would suck.

So far we have only seen questionable Phenom benchmarks...but it is rumoured the Penryns are about 5-10% faster than the Phenom...so unless the Phenom clocks 4+ghz I can't see anyone building a performance computer choosing it over Intel. A shame really as I was quite hoping Phenom would do something good for AMD. Perhaps it will, we shall see on release.

I remember some old benches around 5-10% faster per clock...but still. Unless they come anywhere CLOSE to the stock speeds of the penryns, they're in trouble.

Still an impressive improvement over their previous architecture, but not good enough!

good enough for me, i imagine.
it will compete with intels current quad core, and hopefully penryn as well. dont know how much of a change penryn is from current quads (kentsfield?). a die shrink i am sure, but that didnt do much for brisbane, added a couple hundred mhz headroom and lower power usage/temps.
i dunno, "loads faster" is subjective, i guess.
i'll be pickin one up, either the 96 or 97, prolly. i can be the test guniea pig on the overclocking ability.
eeee doggers i wish they'd hurry up and let them loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom