AM2 vs Core2 duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
Is there a big difference in performance between AM2 and Core 2 duo? I am having a hard time finding a Core2 duo mobo that I like. So I was thinking about going with AMD AM2 mobo. What ya think? I will be using it for gaming.

Err, Intel has the crown this round, by a good margin too.

LGA775 boards I'd recommend (in the budget range) are the P35 and the DS3L

What exactly are you looking for in the board?

Well it just seems like the AMD boards have much better reviews than the Intel boards. I am looking for stability I guess. I need a board for gaming that will run good performance without overclocking.

if your not overclocking i would agree with an AMD solution because they're a little cheaper than c2d's. you can pick up a 5200+, 5600+, 6000+ and that would do you fine.

Not overclocking is a sin, but if you are ok with being a heathen then amd might be the way to go.

What was your budget?

Not overclocking is a sin, but if you are ok with being a heathen then amd might be the way to go.

What was your budget?

not overclocking?? thats a sin........

2-tab-fin5.png

thats commandment #6, and you will be going to anti-heaven.... die heathen die!!!! lol jk... but not overclocking is a sin... its getting extra boost for free..... i mean people have pushed the e2180 to 3.0ghz+ ... which beats a way a Core 2 Extreme x6800(2.93ghz) which is $1000 and the e2180 is 98$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom