Almost final computer build needs reviewing + case suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinzen

Solid State Member
Hmm well my gaming rig is almost complete. I just need a Full tower atx case now :]

Heres what im gonna put in it.

Cpu
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping, i plan to overclock it up to 3.4ghz atleast

Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R

Ram
- Crucial Ballistix 2GB 1066MHZ 5-5-5-15

Graphics Card
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS Superclocked 320mb

Harddrive
Seagate Baracuda 7200.10 250GB

Power Supply
Corsair 620HX

Cpu Cooler/Heatsink Fan
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme ( Need help on what 120mm fan to chuck on it )

Hmm these cases seem to be the most popular atx fulltower's

NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Newegg.com - NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower
Newegg.com - XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 GZ-FA1CA-ASB Black
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 GZ-FA1CA-ASB Black 1.0 mm Aluminum body ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 RC-830-SSN2-GP Silver Aluminum ATX
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 RC-830-SSN2-GP Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

- I want very good airflow inside the case
- If possible, i want it to look sexy

The one i like the most is the Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570, it looks good, but it doesn't seem to have very good airflow with 3 fans and no side ducts/vents.
I dont know, help :D?

The build is good first off. I would get a Tuniq just becuase it's a good bit cheaper and much different in temperatures. As for the case fans does not mean everything. The Gigabyte Aurora has been known for being an excellent case, and the 570 version has been reviewed by top critics as a "gem of a chassis"
It has always been one of my favorite Full towers and i would buy it.

Bah, stick with the thermalright ultra extreme. Get a scythe sflex or yate loon fan for it. Buy.com has the crucial ballistix 4-4-4-12 sticks on sale right now which are a good bit cheaper than the 1066 ballistix and will easily overclock just as far. Also unless you plan on going SLI the corsair 520 is probably more than enough power supply.

Bah, stick with the thermalright ultra extreme. Get a scythe sflex or yate loon fan for it. Buy.com has the crucial ballistix 4-4-4-12 sticks on sale right now which are a good bit cheaper than the 1066 ballistix and will easily overclock just as far. Also unless you plan on going SLI the corsair 520 is probably more than enough power supply.

If you want then go with the Thermalright 120 extreme but yes lower the PSU to a 550VX which is even enough power to run a Quad-core and single GPU solution.

I did not notice you had DDR2-1066 Ballistix in there...just go with the regular DDr2-800 stuff which is cheaper becuase if you notice it has Cas lat of 4 and all they do to get the 1066 sticks are loosen the timings to 5 and up the speed for more money which you can do yourself.

as for the 120mm fan, its better to attach 2, one on each side\
just get a decent ones with 75+ cfm but don't forget to keep noise in mind

I have the NZXT Zero and like it a lot - seems likea very well made (and very big) case. I do agree, though, that it ptobably has more fans than anyone really needs - so don't buy it just becasue it has the most fans. To be honest, I just didn't like the aesthetics of the 900 or the Armour, and found this as another option.

I figured I'd chime in just so that you heard from someone that owned one and was happy with it.

Checking out that GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 GZ-FA1CA-ASB Black is making me second guess the Case I wanted to get.

Hmm.....

nice build man.
as for the case, go with the Gigabyte, or the Stacker.
The 3D is an amazing case, probably my dream case.

i would stick with the nzxt zero, looks like a great case. also the tuniq can be a better options having pretty much same temps at a lower cost as sora said. otherwise u should prob just get a non-o/c edition gts and o/c it ur self and a nice set of ddr800 crucials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom