Advice for Video Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
I'm thinking of using the evga stepup program to give 1 of my 2 evga nvidia8500's gt to go towards the price of a new 8800 gt. I'm going to sell my other 8500 for about 100 dollars.

I've been using the 2 8500's on sli.

So basically getting rid of 2 8500's gts to get 1 8800 gt.

Smart move? dumb? or not worth it?

really good deal on the 2 cards, they were 89 for both. and this was before i knew that they were **** cards, i saw 512mb and jizzed myself. I'm a little bit more knowledgable...now

well the 8800gt will be bottlenecked by that Opteron 180... but.. its an impressive card for the price..

is there any thread that can tell me how to overclock safley and i would need to know if i have to have a better cooling system :(.

But by bottleneck wat do u mean? like it just wont work to its full potential?

is there any thread that can tell me how to overclock safley and i would need to know if i have to have a better cooling system :(.

But by bottleneck wat do u mean? like it just wont work to its full potential?

yep thats exactly what I mean..

my 2900 worked just fine with an fx62... and you shouldnt have a single problem w/ that opteron 180 to hit 2.8 ghz w/ an oc..

but as said, does still bottleneck... comparing my 3dmark06 score of 10200 w/ my pro as to if i had a core2quad it would probably be around the 14,000-15,000 area

just don't think too much about it.. you'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom