8800gt... 8800 Series Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
I don't know if it's just me but WHY would you buy a 8800 video card RIGHT NOW?? It seems like there are a lot of people who are buying it... all out of stock on newegg.

I'm only asking this because aren't the 9xxx series coming out in December? It's only a month away... makes no sense to buy a 8800 now.

I'm guessing it's the people who don't know about the 9xxx?? AND they want the best video card for Crysis and other similar games??

Well from what ive heard, its not confirmed for december. Also the 8800 series can play the curretn games, while when the 9xxx series comes out it will be relaly expensive at first. Ontop of that, with eVGA, you can do the stepup program

Oh, I see. I didn't mean to buy a 9xxx series though, I meant why would you get the 8800 now, if you can get it for cheaper when the 9xxx comes out. If the price will drop that is... which I'm guessing it will.

The thing is, the wait. You don't want to wait too long, in the world of PCs to get something you want.

People are buying the 8800GT because its so darned cheap for the performance it gives. Just look at the price and then consider the fact that it's right behind GTX performance.

Oh, I see. I didn't mean to buy a 9xxx series though, I meant why would you get the 8800 now, if you can get it for cheaper when the 9xxx comes out. If the price will drop that is... which I'm guessing it will.

The 9 series isn't coming any time soon. And prices will always drop. Why buy anything ever by that logic?

People are buying the 8800GT because of bioshock, COD4, Crysis, UT7, quake wars, gears of war, etc etc etc.

Tons of games are out already, and the GT handles them perfectly. They are only $230 as well. They can't really drop much further, and people don't really need more power anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom