8800gt or 38x0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobojuice

WOOOOOOOO
So, now that I have a new system up and running, I want to get something a little better than my 7900gs. Also, as a result of winning that 32 inch LCD the other day, I want something with HDCP and HDMI. I was looking at THIS card from Zotac which has HDMI/HDCP and even comes with an audio cable. But it's a little more spendy than I'd like it to be. So, I was wondering what you guys thought about just getting a 3870 or even 3850 that's a little cheaper. I do have to say that the only game I really play on my computer is WoW, so I don't need something totally INSANE. Thoughts and recommendations appreciated.

oops, forgot about the 9600gt.

Nah, i have a 22 inch LG that i got a couple of weeks ago. Im just gonna use the 32 inch LCD (HDTV) for watching movies or for dual screen.

Would i be able to use the HDMI output as a secondary display? also, i was checking out THIS 9600gt which has HDMI integrated to the back, and was wondering this as well.

al;dkfjal;kdfl;asdfkldjs;fa

7900gs should be fine for wow you'd think....

I guess you didn't read the most important part of my reason for purchasing a new video card. Im going to use it to power my LCD HDTV. I also plan on getting a blue ray player in the very near future.

also, i've decided to just go with the Zotac 8800gt, anyway. The money really isnt a big deal, since i have it. i was just being stingy. i also figured that since i barely ever build a new system and i was doing one now, i might as well go for the gusto.

I guess you didn't read the most important part of my reason for purchasing a new video card. Im going to use it to power my LCD HDTV. I also plan on getting a blue ray player in the very near future.

also, i've decided to just go with the Zotac 8800gt, anyway. The money really isnt a big deal, since i have it. i was just being stingy. i also figured that since i barely ever build a new system and i was doing one now, i might as well go for the gusto.

Any card can power an lcd hdtv. It doesnt have to have hdmi output, since they make dvi-hdmi adapters and cables, and a few cards actually come with them.

nuh uh

Any card can power an lcd hdtv. It doesnt have to have hdmi output, since they make dvi-hdmi adapters and cables, and a few cards actually come with them.

correct-a-mundo:
Newegg.com - SYSONIC HDA10/B HDMI (M) – DVI (F) Adapter - Adapters & Gender Changers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom