7800GT to 52" Wide screen HDTV rear projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your video card come with any adapters?

My x1900xt came with a DVI to S-video adapter, That I am using.

You can use whatever your TVs inputs are. (lowest quality to highest quality) S-video, component video, or HDMI.
dvi1.jpg

If your audio out on your PC doesn't have RCA out, You will also need a 3.5mm to RCA cable or adapter to get sound out of your TV.
2xphono_3.5mm_alt.jpg

If you still want to use headphone/PC speakers with your setup, You will need a 3.5mm Y adapter to plug into your PC, Then you can plug your TV into 1 of the outputs and your headphones/PC speakers into the other output.
B000CI3480.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I hope this helps :D

what kind of tv did you get? im using dvi to hdmi (DBD's first pic). its great picture quality, but it is out of format by like 2 mouse pointer lengths in each direction (height and width). if i use my DVI->VGA converter out of the back of my 7900 then a VGA-VGA plug to the back of my tv, its supposed to format correctly, but i found this out after i bought the $40 cable... so i still use it.

the refresh rate isnt that great. when i play fps's, there is like a .25sec lag so i just use it as a second monitor. i have my friends watch on the tv while i use the monitor. it makes for some good eye candy, but its no good for actually gamming (at least for fast games like fear or cs:s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom