Whats the bottleneck of this cheap pc?

lucasfalves

Baseband Member
Hey guys, my first here in this forum. Im writing it using my phone so Idk how it will look like.

I have a cheap pc that I want to make it better. I use it for gaming. It runs games like Skyrim, fallout 3/NV, dishonored at low configs. Idk why but no game ever passed 25 fps.

Heres my build:
Intel celeron 420 1.60 w/ oc running at 1.72
GeForce 210 silent 1GB
RAM 1.5 Using 2 slots (1gb and 0.5)

I think those are the important parts, so what do you guyys think?

Um, all of it really.

The CPU is old and really slow, the GPU isn't meant for gaming (no really it's only mean to put video on the screen), and it doesn't have enough RAM to properly game modern titles from 2005 on.

But what do you think I should change first? I was planning to put around 4gb of ram (The maximum amount my also sh tty motherboard handles it)

Well obviously you must have something if you were considering doing the RAM first, or you have income coming your way of some sort. It's just a complete waste to put any money into this rig when you don't really have anything besides a way of putting stuff on the screen.

What motherboard do you have?

Well I'd look for a cheap used Q6600 or Q9550, the 9550 being faster. The max RAM you can use is 4GB of DDR2 533.

If I was you, I'd look for a used 750ti or something at least moderately decent.

Back
Top Bottom