What should i upgrade

lille

Beta member
Hello, i am new to pc and i was wondering what component i should upgrade to gain better perfomance on games

My specs are:

GPU: Radeon RX 470 (TM) 4GB

CPU: AMD FX (TM)-6300 SIX CORE, 3.50*

RAM: 2X4GB HYPER X FURY DDR3 1600 MHZ

STORAGE: i dont know the manufacter but its a 1TB SSD

I dont have a budget but i would like it to be as cheap as possible.

I want to get better perfomance on games like Apex Legends and Modern Warfare.

Right now i get about 40-70 on Apex and 30-60 on Modern Warfare Warzone

Your two cheapest upgrades would be RAM and GPU. 8GB is the minimum for gaming nowadays; 16GB has become the standard.

Your 470 is the bigger stumbling block but it would also be the more expensive upgrade. A GTX 1660 or 5600 XT would be a huge upgrade. I just upgraded from a 1660 and can vouch for it being a great card (didn't need to upgrade but I came into the cash and had the opportunity).

To really upgrade your CPU you will need to move to an AM4 Ryzen setup and that would mean a new CPU, new motherboard, and new DDR4 RAM. Even a first generation 1000 series Ryzen would be a HUGE improvement, and most AM4 boards have at least one M.2 slot for a NVMe drive. When I went to Ryzen I upgrade from a 8320 to a 1600... night and day difference. But this will be much more expensive than the other upgrades.

Your performance is pretty good considering the machine you already have. If there is no budget hate to say it but I'd upgrade it all. Ryzen 3600x, 16GB of DDR4 3600, and a 1660 or 1660 Super.

Back
Top Bottom