What should I upgrade?

Bikerbud89

Solid State Member
Ok, So I'm wanting to upgrade my system and I don't know what would be my best bet to up my performance.
My Specs
CPU: i5 4460 3.2 GHz
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 960
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
Should I get a better CPU, a better GPU, or a second 960 to run in SLI?
Also what would be the biggest bang for my buck?

Edit: If I get a second Graphics card I'd have to find a external solution for my Wi-Fi as my mother board does not have room for 2 Graphics cards and my Wi-Fi card.

Last edited:
1920x1080 Though I will also be getting a new monitor soon as this on is on its last leg. I may try to get a 4k monitor depending on the price. As of right no I do more gaming, but I need to start working on my modeling more. I am using Blender at the moment. Some of the games I play are witcher 3, fallout 4, and overwatch are the more demanding games I play.

If you want to do 4k you'll need to spend a pretty penny to handle those games. If you lean more towards gaming I'd say GPU right now as the i5 is still rather decent.

That all depends on how much money you can spend right now. I mean if you can afford a 1080ti and a 4k monitor I don't see why you couldn't get like say a 1080 and a Ryzen 5 setup for the best of both worlds and hold off on the 4k.

Back
Top Bottom