Upgrading video card from 560 GTX

dudemanjack

Solid State Member
I'm looking at upgrading my current video card for gaming:
560 GTX (MSI GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) DirectX 11 N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card-Newegg.com)

My MOBO is an ASUS P8z68-V with a i5 2500k processor. Not sure which card to buy since my MOBO is PCI 2.0 and I do not plan to upgrade the MOBO.

Also, should I be looking at upgrading my processor or should it be passable playing modern games? Preferably on something other than lowest settings :)

Thanks!

Well considering that your budget is $250ish you won't be able to get the best possible gpu for your motherboard but I would suggest spending a little extra on the ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB even though I don't know for sure if its compatible with your motherboard but its definitely worth the money at around $215

I'd say yes, future proofs you in case you ever get a higher res monitor. Considering this card will likely last you for the next 2 years at least, an extra $60 is nothing over that time period.

You're right, though IMO they're still plenty fine at 1440p. With a very slight oc at that res most games tested around the 50fps mark. At 2160 it's swinging between 24-30fps, not too shabby but not ideal having to settle for less than fully maxed out graphics :p

At 4k a 1080 is usually in the 20-40 range....... The 1070 is aimed for single card 1440p. The 1060 6GB replaces the 980 which was always more of a 1080p card. If it can't do 60fps at a given resolution then IMO it's not meant for it due to the dip.

Back
Top Bottom