Upgrading computer, need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffK91

In Runtime
Hello all, I would like to upgrade my computer (specs in my signature) since with all the newer games that require more high end computers I think it's time for a boost. The main thing here is I want a PCI-Express video card with of course requires a 939 socket processor. So anyways, I've decided to upgrade on my motherboard, cpu/processor, video card and my computer memory. I've found all 4 and picked them based on price and customer reviews. Here they are...

motherboard
videocard
ram
cpu

Now I can honestly say I made a huge mistake at not building my computer because I didn't get all the parts I wanted for the money. So those 4 are the ones I picked out so feel free to tell me what I should replace for the best money value while still keeping good quality on these parts. I am new to building comps so I'm not exactly sure how to install the cpu and motherboard on my comp so if anyone can tell me how with a tutorial on the web or something that'd be great.

i dont think there's anything wrong with your system, if anything you need a better vid card... which u can get with the 7800 gs AGP since u want better gaming..

gosh, the system that you're gunna build from the one you have now isn't that much faster, you might be dissapointed after spending money on all that new equip.

just my 2 cents thou

actually that would be my fault, this is actually the old computer that i had which i gave to a friend. the one i am using now is a bit similar but definetly needs upgrading.

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
2.2 GHz
512mb
GeForce 5500 256mb
200GB Western Digital
Double Layer 16x
DVD+RW-CD/RW
9-1 memory card
1MB L2 Cache
Windows XP Home Edition

dont really know what motherboard but it is pretty bad is all i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom