Upgrading from 9 year old build

Foozle

Baseband Member
Hi,

I used this forum to build my own computer 9 years ago (primarily a gaming computer). I'm playing a lot of games through Nox (android emulator), and the graphics are pretty slow, to the point that it crashes the game often. I'd like to upgrade for this and just in general since it is so old. I'm wondering if I can just upgrade certain components, or given the age, do I need to start over?

I'm attaching a list of the original components. I did upgrade the hardrive in 2017 to a Samsung 850 EVO 500 gb ssd, but other than that, all the hardware and software (windows 7) are original.

Thanks!

Attachments

• May 2011 Computer Build.jpg
    May 2011 Computer Build.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 9
You could upgrade your core components rather easily. CPU/RAM/GPU to something I can suggest within your budget. The problem being, Android emulation isn't perfect and even on my machine I get slow downs using Bluestacks.

Can you give us a Budget?

Budget isn't really an issue, so whatever works best, within reason. My thinking is maybe I can figure out what a new computer spec might be and just try taking the gpu that I would use for a new computer and put in the old one (if compatible) and see if that fixes things. If not, then just build the new one, using the gpu component I already purchased.

Last edited:
Can you give me your location as well?

Greenville, SC. Also, I'm recording my game play in the emulator and possibly could get into youtube streaming at some point. If I need something with more power for that I'm fine with spending a bit more.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom