Turning an external hard drive into an internal hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypylo

Beta member
A friend has given me some external hard drives he doesn't need any more. My laptop has a 40GB hard drive, and it feels a little cramped.
Would it be possible to, say, unscrew the external HD and replace the internal HD?

yes but not in a laptop, most external hard drives that i know use 3.5" hard drives that are in desktops, laptop oones are a little smaller.

King X13 said:
yes but not in a laptop, most external hard drives that i know use 3.5" hard drives that are in desktops, laptop ones are a little smaller.
Thank you for the prompt reply, I guess I'll just have to cough up some money for a bigger HD.

Ive got a 40gb laptop and a 200gb external I just install most programs/games on the external and there is no problem aslong as u dont have any automatic start up programs which are not installed on the actual laptopas then u get a few annoying error messages. I recommend copying everything u want on the external then reformatting the laptop so that it is back to original from when u purchased and install everything u desperately u need on the laptop. Ive got 28gb's of free space so i can easily copy my music over on to my laptop for the afternoon or a movie then just delete afterwards with no problems. running out of hardrive space on my 200gb external thou lol but it takes about 3 mins for a gig to be transferred.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom