Switching mobos, switching cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
In insuring my self my upgrades are worth it since I have a little budget, I've decided if I do end up switching my mobo...what are the factors that I have to consider?

I heard when switching you would have to reinstall your OS, so do you just simple boot up your computer and the installation instructions owuld be listed?

Aside from that...I'd be using the components in my original mobo and the mobo it self to replace everything that is in this really old computer of mine...

considering this, would i just need to replace the PSU and swap the hard drives or if its compatible use my old computer's hard drive?

Oh, you have Windows XP, but you have to install a new motheboard? Well, save you one hour and follow this.

What you need is 2 more minutes before shutting down.

First, Go to Device Manager. It can be acessed in the System Properties.

Expand the IDE controllers and choose the matching name of your chipset. IE: SIS, your main controller will be SIS PCI IDE Controller.

Image:

1076lx.jpg

Afterwards, open it's propreties, go to the Driver details and update the driver. Choose the driver you want to installed, which is the advanced function.. Manually choose the driver and select Standard PCI IDE Controller. Afterwards, just shut down the PC.

Setup your new PC.

One done, relax and sit back while it installs new drivers, but watch out for it, since it might ask you some device drivers that Windows might not have!

That's all folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom