Suggestion for a new LCD monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Law

Fully Optimized
I am looking to buy a new LCD monitor, my old one is fine but I need something with bigger resolution, lower response time and high contrast ratio. The current one I have is like 5 years old is a 15" and has a max resolution of only 1024x768.

I was thinking about getting a wide screen 19" LCD, one that has about 1440x900 resolution and about 4 or 5ms response time and 700:1 contrast ratio and under $200.

Preferably one of these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...020+4017+1109917096&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=20

Anyone have any suggestion to compare wide screen (16:9)LCD to 4:3 LCD?

i wouldnt suggest a 19 inch.. only because i don't like the resolutions they give.. its just not enough room for comfort when i do my work.. i'd suggest you something like a 20 or 21 inch... 1680x1050 is a very nice resolution to sit on

NosBoost300 said:
i wouldnt suggest a 19 inch.. only because i don't like the resolutions they give.. its just not enough room for comfort when i do my work.. i'd suggest you something like a 20 or 21 inch... 1680x1050 is a very nice resolution to sit on

Yea that's what I was thinking also, I didn't want to buy the 19" now since the resolution is quite small, I rather spend some extra buck for the higher resolution. 1680x1050 would be the perfect environment for me since I mostly work and have a lot of application open. I donÂ’t think IÂ’m going to past the $300 mark and the Samsung 205BW seem to be the perfect candidate.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001081

yeah, thats the one im talking about.

another thing to think about is whether or not you need height adjustments... the acer doesnt have them (but its bigger!), while the samsung does.

fyi, the acer is an amazing monitor. games, movies, hi-def looks amazing on it. (in case you didnt know, samsung and acer use the same panel in their value lines)

LOL thanks for the info, the Acer seems awesome for just a few more buck I think I might just go ahead with it, I really don't need to worry about the height adjustment, I have some old college books I can use for that. :p

ya.. for something like a monitor.. i wouldnt settle for less either.. i too use alot of desktop room using photoshop and illustrator along with aim and music and all that.. so i need all the space i can get.. and 1280x1024 isnt cutting it anymore.. i may buy a 19 inch crt for its 1600x1200 resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom