Seem like a good buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo1mcool

Baseband Member
Newegg.com - Gateway DX4720-03 Pentium dual-core E5200(2.50GHz) 4GB DDR2 640GB NVIDIA GeForce 7100 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

My uncle just called me and asked about getting a new computer, he mentioned the Dell Inspiron 530 from Walmart. I told him I'd look at it and see what I think.

He wants a new one mostly to check email and surf the web, as well as his 11 year old son (my lil cuz) would like to play some games on it.

I looked on Newegg to compare and I found the one above which I linked.

Does that seem like a good deal for the price?

Do you think that the NVIDIA GeForce 7100 (Integrated video) would be able to handle such games like, COD4 (on low settings) and WoW? I'm not completely sure what games he plays so these are just examples.

Thanks a bunch!

I doubt the 7100 would handle much of anything...

You could put together a nice AMD build with, at the very least, better integrated graphics for that cost.

Yeah, except he's not in the UK, doesn't need a crappy Q8xxx series processor, and doesn't need to be spending over 600 bucks USD (since 425 GBP is not equal to 425 USD...) on a crappy machine. The machine I priced him out would work better with the newer PII X3 720, since it OCs like a beast.

I put together your build and then added in all the other stuff I'd need (OS, dvd-rom, video card) as well as used a cheaper case and cheaper RAM and it came out to be $598 with shipping.

So far, I was told that my cousin wants to play Swat 4 (really low PC system reqs) but I'm planning for the future a bit, which I assumed the 3870 would be fine.

Thanks for pointing out that hard-drive, that is better and for basically the same price! :)
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Yeah, my build may turn out more expensive, but that's because it has a Phenom II X3 720, which will grossly outperform the E7400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom