Ordering just a case, what to check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetherh4cker

Corrupt Techie
So, I'm ordering the Antec Nine Hundred since it is on sale at Newegg. It's the case I was planning on using last month for my build, but I ended up having to spend my money on other things in life.

I've been around here reading recommendations and researching what I want for a while. I think I have a good idea of what to look for in a computer and how to put it together, however, that being so, this is still my very first time building one up from scratch.

So, I was kind of wondering if there is things I need to check on my case before sending in my mail-in-rebate. I'm not planning on building the rest of my computer until April, but seeing my case on sale now, I thought I would go for it. I won't have any computer components to put into it right now, so is there much I even can check?

I just want my build in April to go smooth. Thanks for all the help!

Dang.. thats cheap as heck!

but its a good case...

Yeah. I'm nervous/excited to build my first computer.

I figured $99, free shipping, with a $50 mail-in-rebate was a deal I should hit up on.

Hopefully I'll have my $50 back before I build next year.

don't worry.. the hardest part of building the system.. is waiting for the parts to arrive..

Yeah its a good case. Possible problems with the A900:

-length of PSU leads: since the PSU is mounted at the bottom, your PSU leads might be stretched to reach.

-For such a large case, you'll find its surprisingly tight in terms of wire space. Its very hard to get it clean inside without case modding to allow the wires to pass under the mobo tray. Mines clean enough to leave the air passages clear, but its not pretty.

-if you are planning on a GTX or ultra and MANY HDDs, there might be conflict. thats like 5+ HDDs, and you might have a problem

-No dust filter, so if you live in a dust bucket like me, it will get dusty. And there is a sidepanel so you cant ignore the dust. But it does make you clean it regularly, which is good.

-Its not very discrete!

This may make it sound rubbish, but its actually a great case, with wonderful cooling. These are just the things you might worry about if any of them particularly bother you.

Heh, to offer an opinion against everyone else, I kinda find the 900 tacky. Not a fan of flashy lights and perspex.

Especially when playing at night, I find lights around the monitor to wash out the screen and just be generally distracting.

XD I love lights/uv stuff. I'm not easily distracted when I'm doing something thats worth having my attention in the first place.

Only crappy thing about case I finally decided on and ordered is no window.

I might have to fix that. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom