Need recommendation for replacement motherboard

Denver

Beta member
Hi all,
I'm somewhat a novice regarding computer tech so please bear with me if I ask silly questions.
The motherboard on my Asus X555L Core i5 5200U laptop has burnt out in a few places due to corrosion damage and, as such, is in need of replacement. Computer shops around where I live are discouraging me from trying to get it repaired, advising me to buy a new laptop.
Now, I've done some searching online and found new motherboards for around USD 145 on ebay. Here's one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-ASUS-X...97:m:mszuvlKAFzk898GcBk-y2Nw&var=512174124959
My problem is, I'm not sure whether these are compatible and reliable.
I need advice in deciding - please help. I'll provide whatever info needed, including pics if necessary.
Thanks

Laptops are incredibly difficult to replace the motherboard on. Your best bet with a manufacturer build like that is to get the motherboard that is made for that specific laptop because otherwise you run into potential issues with size, screw hole locations, connector locations, and more. That said, PPMguire is probably your best resource on here. I'll let him chip in on this one.

Laptops are incredibly difficult to replace the motherboard on. Your best bet with a manufacturer build like that is to get the motherboard that is made for that specific laptop because otherwise you run into potential issues with size, screw hole locations, connector locations, and more. That said, PPMguire is probably your best resource on here. I'll let him chip in on this one.

^ Pretty much that. Get the board that's compatible with your make/model of laptop. Or matches the part # on the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom