Mobo help for X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mray183

Solid State Member
I am currently working on purchasing components for my first build.

The build (suggested by Trotter) that I have right now seems awesome. However, I am trying to research the motherboard a bit more, in order to find the best card. Here is my current setup

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor Model HDZ720WFGIBOX - Retail

ASRock A780GXE/128M AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

I have heard both good and bad for the ASRock. The bad is discouraging me more than the good is comforting me. The price is great, however I fear that I may get what I pay for.

Any thoughts/suggestions as to possibly a different route? I am sticking with the 720, so I am only concerned with mobo suggestions. Thanks alot!

-Mray

Aww, I came to trotski's mind! I feel special. :p

But seriously, the Biostar is a tremendous overclocking board. It has more options in the BIOS to shake a stick at. It will serve you well for under 100 bucks.

Like I said, you'll love it. The only thing odd about it is the color scheme. :p

Enjoy, at let us know how you like it.

I can't say much else about it since I have no idea what the BIOS are like in the Foxconn. :p I just know the options in the Biostar are virtually endless. I like the Biostar for future upgrading, since you have the option to go Crossfire. While someone may not plan to do it now, later on down the pike with newer stuff coming out, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom