m.2 mSATA chips upgrade on laptop

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Need some help here. Since moving into corporate IT for the last few year, my hardware knowledge is as current as it used to be.

I am looking at upgrading my zBook 14 laptop. Looking at placing a 256Gb m.2 mSATA SSD Drive into the available slot on this laptop. Problem with the chip I currently have is that it's physically too big. (Take note of hole on main board and chip in 2 different locations.)

I know that I these m.2 mSATA chips come in a smaller form factor. Is there a name for the smaller form factor on these drive? I would like to know so I can start looking online for pricing.

Obviously this chip is not going to work in there by using my power drill.

Attachments

• 2018-01-01_18-54-55.jpg
    2018-01-01_18-54-55.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3
It's just M.2 SATA as mSATA is a different form factor. The number at the end of the model depicts the length and how long you can fit one in there. I believe what fits in those is the 2242. You also need to make sure the Intel flash cache is disabled.

Common lengths for M.2 drives and mounting right now are 30mm (2230), 42mm (2242), 60mm (2260), 80mm (2280), and 110mm (22110)

It's just M.2 SATA as mSATA is a different form factor. The number at the end of the model depicts the length and how long you can fit one in there. I believe what fits in those is the 2242. You also need to make sure the Intel flash cache is disabled.

Thank you.
I will follow up with the computer shop.

Back
Top Bottom