I am new and i need help with graphics cards

MrAltDennis

Beta member
I built my own PC about a year or 2 ago and i bought with it an AMD R9 290 graphics card from XFX. it has crossfire capability but i was wondering with which graphics cards could it work with. would any R9 work? or would it have to be an R9 in the 200 series?

To do Crossfire?

Another R9 290.

Does your board support Crossfire? Do you have a powerful enough PSU? What about ventilation? Any particular reason you want to do Crossfire?

my board does support crossfire and i do have everything else that's needed. Since the card is a couple years old it doesn't quite preform as well as i would like meaning I want to be able to do everything at Ultra. So i need to do it with another r9 290? would one of a different brand work? like i have XFX, would one by sappire work with it?

I just realized that i didn't reply to you so my b. my board does support crossfire and i do have everything else that's needed. Since the card is a couple years old it doesn't quite preform as well as i would like meaning I want to be able to do everything at Ultra. So i need to do it with another r9 290? would one of a different brand work? like i have XFX, would one by sappire work with it?

He asked specific questions for a reason. Do you have at least an 850W PSU that's of a decent brand?

You can use any R9 290 combination together. I'd try to aim for as close to the one you have as possible. Also, it won't guarantee Ultra, but it will guarantee a headache.

I just switched from a 290 to a 1070 and wow.... Might be best to just do that. The 1070 will be cooler, need much less power and u wont run into headaches from some games not working in crossfire. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom