high quality colour inkjet printer Versus black & white laser printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzy

Beta member
Hello there !

I am planning to buy for a smal business a printer. Any IT expert there to tel me what are the advantage and disadvantage between inkjet colour printer & black & white laser printer and their possible business application ?
:cool: Thanks....!!!!

if you are into financial forecasting or product marketing analysis, where you would be needing graphs and charts, then buy a colour jet.

else, I would blindly recommend a laser jet (mono). the laser (however will be expensive, but prices have come down drastically as i bought a mono HP and i was sitting in a PC store yesterday and saw a Samsung colour laser for same price. and imagine how i felt :). the yield of laser jet is very high. plus the print quality is very precise in terms of fonts and line drawings.

keep in mind, if you intend to use letter head, and your letter heads have plastic coating or some logo with plastic paint. then using laser jet wont be good, as the paper rolls over a heated roll. so it will stick to the roller. also, i have seen some companies with rough surface paper letter pads (high quality paper, but not smooth). this will as well wont be good for a laser jet.

the colour jets, eats up your ink in 300 papers (max), while laser jet will give you some near about 2500+ (depending on the printer brand and cartridge model). so make your mind before buying, anymore confusion, either add here or pvt msg me. your spelling of color tells you're from UK, are you?

Don't know much about printers but it seems like a simple question of what you're printing. For the most part whether or not you need color/colour.

I have both an ink jet and a laser printer at home and they both have there advantages. The laser is very fast and is great if you print a lot of text. Lasers also offer a much lower cost per print. However ink jets are much cheaper and great for printing color. If you print a lot of text get a laser but if you print a lot of color then you want an ink jet. Another option you may want to consider are color lasers. They are more expensive than mono lasers but they offer a lower cost per print than ink jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom