Graphic arts build

Status
Not open for further replies.

macombaland

In Runtime
I may be building a pc in the near future. I have been out of the loop for a while so the new generation is pretty foreign. I could use a few CPU suggestions.
Programs I run:
Photoshop
Illustrator
Autocad

Hopefully I can put something together for around $500. I have hard drives, cd-rom drives.
Basically I need suggestions on a CPU. I looked for some benchmarks on Core 2 Duo's but i only saw benchmarks for 6300-6800.

I guess the thing I really want to know is how the lower end Core 2s compare to the 6300-6800's and how they compare to AMD X2 5000s

Since it looks like you do some rendering, a quad core would be ideal, however a dual core would be ok. The two main things you look at when comparing processors is l2 cache (memory) and core clock (ghz).

Really, the thing to look at would be graphics, where i would recommend a NVidia Quadro Card.

he said his budget is around 500, a good quadro (as far as iv seen) is around a grand, a little out of his budget don't you think. go with a quad for what you do (q6600). i would go with 4 gigs of ram. An 8800gt 512 would be fine for what your doing, if you want something a little cheaper get a 9600gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom