Gigabyte Silent-pipe 2 Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

fais7

Baseband Member
how does this Gigabyte techno compare to a standard fan....as I just got it for a friend without checking that it had this fanless techno....

Active cooling is usually preferred, compared to passive. This Silent Pipe tech, looks like a gimmick.

lol...techno...

aaaahhh!!!
argh!!!
in my effort to buy a card from a known company, I forgot to do my research on this card....I should have gotten the XFX version

Heat pipes are better than normal metal heatsinks. You can add a fan and get much lower temperatures than the standard reference designs.

aaaahhh!!!
argh!!!
in my effort to buy a card from a known company, I forgot to do my research on this card....I should have gotten the XFX version

gigabyte is not really known... if anything they are known for budget boards... not graphics

evga, xfx and pny are known for quality graphics proccessing, and those expensive super cards like sparkle calibre and such

Hmm....well it was more known then some other companies that were available...
The XFX was the only other one apart from MSI that was available.....

tutile....but does it perform better than a VGA with a fan....or would I need a fan...

gigabyte is not really known... if anything they are known for budget boards... not graphics

evga, xfx and pny are known for quality graphics proccessing, and those expensive super cards like sparkle calibre and such

They are one of the top motherboard manufacturers in the industry.

Hmm....well it was more known then some other companies that were available...
The XFX was the only other one apart from MSI that was available.....

tutile....but does it perform better than a VGA with a fan....or would I need a fan...

With a fan, it will cool better. If you have good airflow going pass the heatsink, it should perform just as good - possibly better.

so maybe I should install a PCI express fan next to the Card if it heats up....any advice on which ones.....
and should I install a side fan, currently I just have a fan in front and at the rear....

Advice really appreciated....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom