Duel monitor set-up question

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximas

Baseband Member
Okay, I currently have a GTS 250 video card. It has two DVI ports, but if I connect the second monitor to the second DVI port, I get the no monitor is found message (or similar to that). However, if I use a DVI TO VGA adapter, it works fine (albeit with low resolution). I have two questions: One, should the second DVI allow me to connect my second monitor? Suggestions?

Second, if I purchase a second GTS 250, and do not use SLI, I should be able to take full advantage of the second monitor's resolution, correct? I could also, then, go SLI if I chose to use this set up for gaming.

Thanks!

I have messed a bit with dual monitors nothing mayor.
On windows Xp i had to restart every time i connected a second monitor
and had to go into display settings to adjust the resolution there.
Right click on desktop, settings i believe is how u get to display options on Xp.

On windows 7 it detected the second monitor without restart but i had to also go to display settings to adjust the resolution for the second monitor.
right click, Screen resolution for Win7

If changing display settings don't help that particular DVi slot might be damaged.
I haven't tried to game on dual monitors so that i dont know

The 2 dvi should work.

Have you ensured the monitor is set to the dvi port? #1 common mistake, folks forget to switch to the dvi, or forget to plug in the dvi cord.

Actually on the sli, the new drivers allow multi monitors on the 2 cards. Its how i have it setup.. monitor per card.

I had a problem like this, sorta.. My DVI cable didn't support the higher resolution or something and would only scale up to 1680x1050 when the monitor's native res is 1920x1080. I used a different cable and it worked just fine. Confused me, but eh, it worked :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom