Budget Work PC Build Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

A friend of mine that runs a small business asked me if I could build him a PC. The primary uses for this computer will be what you'd expect. Using Microsoft Office programs, Quickbooks, etc. Basically just something solid that can handle a decent workload and will last for at least a couple years. He had a couple requests one being that it has a 3.2GHz or better processor, 4gb RAM, 500gb or more HDD, and a DVD Burner. He wants to keep it at right around $400. No monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. Just the tower itself.

I figure with his budget AMD would probably be best processor wise. I would love to throw a Sandy Bridge of some sort into it but I just don't think it'll be in the budget. I know some people will say for that sort of budget and what he'll be using it for just buy one but I'd like to do this for him and get him as much bang for his buck as possible. He'd probably be willing to go a little over $400 but I'd definitely say $500 absolute limit.

Other than that, I have just browsed a little bit thus far because I had some work to do and am about to go to bed. Any sample builds, component advice, etc would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom