Use screen protection for cell phone display

Goblin1986

Baseband Member
Hi everyone I have such question do you use screen protection for your cell phone display? Or is it ok not to use it?I have Iphone I pay a lot of money for it and I hope they have good display!!!

For the most part they're becoming less necessary because of such innovations in glass such as Corning's Gorilla Glass, and Sapphire glass. They're much harder and scratch resistant than normal glass.

However I still put one on because I'd rather not take the risk of something being in my pocket with my phone and scratching up the screen.

I have an Iphone 5 that I got to replace my iphone 3. I didn't use a case on either one and i am very hard on phones. After about two years on either one i had/have enough scratches that it started to bug me some but not enough that i wasn't able to use the device. If you want a perfect screen you must use a screen protector. They can and will scratch. Having said that, i have found the iPhone screens to be very resistant and if your aren't clumsy like me it is possible to use them with out protection.

Note: I will add that the aluminium material the iPhone 5 is made out of is easier to damage than the plastic material that the three had. I have dropped my phone many times on hard surfaces and on the old plastic version it would bounce and took a very long time before it cracked or broke. The aluminum version however dents fairly easily so if you don't use a case, beware.

i have iphone 4s and havent got a protector on it never scratched it mainly cause i try and be careful where i store in my pocket generally.

For the most part they're becoming less necessary because of such innovations in glass such as Corning's Gorilla Glass, and Sapphire glass. They're much harder and scratch resistant than normal glass.

However I still put one on because I'd rather not take the risk of something being in my pocket with my phone and scratching up the screen.
As far as I know you can meet very seldom Sapphire glass on our cell phones

It's mostly Gorilla Glass. I believe Gorilla Glass is supposed to be harder than Sapphire glass.

Sent from my HTC One

It's mostly Gorilla Glass. I believe Gorilla Glass is supposed to be harder than Sapphire glass.

Sent from my HTC One

Sapphire is second to diamond for hardness, Price's are finally starting to come down on the Sapphire so we should see them soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom