sd card tablet ?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i have a question, about what a sd card can do in a tablet. i bought my daughter a new tablet this past Christmas, and she recently said she was out of memory. so i got her a micro sd card (32gb) to help the situation. and now she is telling me she can not download anything to it. its a Trio stealth - G4 10.1" model MST-1041 running Android 4.4.2 10" tablet . i have so little android experience, that i am no help. i find it hard to believe that they would make a spot for a memory card, with no way of transfering data to and from it.

Need to either set the settings on whatever she's using to download stuff to point to the sd card or manually move files with a file manager onto the SD card.

Go to settings/ storage/ select format SD card and this should work once formatted. if it still fails to work after formatting then try using a different SD card but cannot be bigger than 32gb as thats the max it supports

On many Android devices, an SD card can only be used as data storage, things like apps cannot be installed to the SD card. Have her move any data type files (pictures, videos, music, etc...) to the SD card and that should free up some of the tablet's original memory.

If you could possibly root the tablet, you could use an app such as Link2SD to move the installed apps over to the SD card although I haven't had a great experience with this (seems like apps move back to the internal storage after updating). Also, continue to clear the cache of apps and you should be good. It's a shame that Android doesn't provide support for apps to be installed straight to the SD card but eh...

If you could possibly root the tablet, you could use an app such as Link2SD to move the installed apps over to the SD card although I haven't had a great experience with this (seems like apps move back to the internal storage after updating). Also, continue to clear the cache of apps and you should be good. It's a shame that Android doesn't provide support for apps to be installed straight to the SD card but eh...

Used to be built-in, but then that functionality was removed.

Back
Top Bottom