Possible to play video on my android tablet and push to TV with HDMI cable?

True Colors

Baseband Member
I have a Dragon Touch A1X tablet with the 4.4 Android OS.

This tablet has a mini HDMI port on it. I would like to use an HDMI cable to connect this tablet to my high def television. I want to be able to play video files on my tablet and watch these on my TV.

The main video player that I use is MX player pro. It works great. However, as best I can tell, there is no way for this product to push video through HDMI cable to my TV.

Does anyone know if it is possible to accomplish this? Of course, I would be glad to use a different video player if that would do the trick.

Thanks!

TC

Tried using the stock video player? Or does it not support the video codec that the video is encoded in?

Believe it or not, this device does not have a stock video player installed. This is a budget tablet. It is a good deal for the low sale price. But I may have to trick it up to do some of the things that I want.

When I connected the micro SD cable from the tablet to my TV I tried a few different apps in hope that it would output the video to the TV through the HDMI cable. But none of them work.

Since I could not get it to work that way, I found an app to try -- "second screen." It is supposed to clone the video and audio from the tablet to the TV. However, when I open this up, it says "unable to obtain super user permissions."

So I guess what this all comes down to, is if I cannot find a video player app which is capable of HDMI out, then I will need to root this tablet in order to support the second screen app.

Can someone here please point me in the right direction.

TC

Sounds like in order to run the "Second Screen" app you need to be rooted.

Can't find much info on rooting your tablet either...that's what happens with cheap tablets.

Back
Top Bottom