Phone not working

Tom E

Beta member
Alright, I'm completely new to this forum, but I have a question. I have some really cheap phone that's basically an Android, and it wont load web pages. I can't get on instagram, use kik, or anything. If it involves using internet, it doesn't work, however my laptop does. It's happened before but it didn't last this long. It started last night (or this morning rather) at around 2:00 AM EST, and now it's 7:18 EST. Sometimes if I restart my router I'll get notifications, but after that it wont do anything else. I've tried turning my wifi off and back on, restarting it, taking the battery out, everything. Any help would be great, thanks!

What phone and what version of Android is it running?

Have you tried backing up your important data on it (such as contacts/photos...both can be synced to your Google account), and doing a factory reset on it?

Make and model is going to make a huge difference here. If it's a really cheap phone (and not just a really good deal) then it probably has a processor that isn't worth the circuit board it's soldered to and your Internet is just going to suck. If it's a decent processor, and it's not brand new, then as Carnage already said, a factory reset may help.

Also, like iOS, if the android is old and the OS is out dated it won't be supported by the websites... So try and update the OS...

I have iPad 1s and they don't work with a certain websites now as it can only run on iOS 5..

Do you have data on your plan? If so turn your wifi off and see if you're able to get on any website.

Back
Top Bottom