Looking for a Bluetooth "Wearable"

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
So with plans going out of control in life... I kinda want to do something for me while I can. So I was thinking something "tech geeky" and yet "useful", a wearable.

What I want it to do/survive though... I don't know of which model would be best... or what models are available.

So... here's what I would like this device to do:
(listed in order of MOST important)
Water Resistant IPx7 or 8. 8 preferred. (for those that don't know, 7 is 1M)
NFC for profile/contact info
Notify of incoming calls, messages, etc
Pedometer
Calorie Burner
Clock/Date/Alarms

So... does anyone know anything about these devices? Do we have anything similar?

The closest you'll currently get is Android Wear, though it doesn't have NFC.
Moto 360 is IP 67 water resistant, has a pedometer, clock / data / alarms, notifications, and technically a calorie burner :tongue:

I would suggest LG's G Watch R in my opinion best for now in design/battery life/perfromance . It needs only 1hr to get 0% to full battery nice display and cool looking skins . Some skins can trick you it looks almost like "regular" watch . Only stupid things with this smart watches are that you acutally need their flagship phone or other premium model to be able to use most of features .

I would suggest LG's G Watch R in my opinion best for now in design/battery life/perfromance . It needs only 1hr to get 0% to full battery nice display and cool looking skins . Some skins can trick you it looks almost like "regular" watch . Only stupid things with this smart watches are that you acutally need their flagship phone or other premium model to be able to use most of features .

Yeah, the LG G Watch R is another good one.
Don't go for the Samsung stuff unless they run Android Wear. The Galaxy Gear, etc all run Tizen I believe

I must point out don't buy any android wear or other smart watch if you are not having SmartPhone that is supporting it . It's a waste of money . Smart Watch without SmartPhone is nothing you can't downlad apps you can't listen music you can't do anything except using it as "regular" watch . Watch needs to be connected via bluetooth with supported phone in order to do navigation, notifications, and bunch of other stuff you would find useful that I can't remember now :D You got my point !

I should have included I have a Generation 1 Motorola Moto X from Republic Wireless (it will soon be Android 4.4, and eventually lolipop)

and unless Ebay sales go cheaper... for $200 range I expect IpX8 not 7.... I mean.. sheesh.

Last edited:
Sony SmartWatch 3 is IP68

Yea i just found that... not quite all the features I want.. but maybe Iam dreaming too far into the future with seeing the Razer Nabu (the social media aspects of shaking hands to transfer info and such)

w8... maybe those Gesture Controls could be Software related? (shake hands to exchange Business info, High Five for profiles...etc) ?

Back
Top Bottom