(linux) adb posting unknown and no device

jreidsma

Baseband Member
Hi

I am using a laptop running from a USB with Ubuntu installed from a ubuntu mini ISO. The tablet is a rooted Ematic 7" egd170

I am trying to install ubuntu touch/for tablets onto my spare android tablet but have ran into an issue. Everytime I try connecting the tablet to the ubuntu laptop I get these errors with adb

jreidsma@ubuntu:~$ adb devices
List of devices attached

jreidsma@ubuntu:~$ adb get-state
unknown
jreidsma@ubuntu:~$ adb get-serialno
unknown
jreidsma@ubuntu:~$ adb remount
error: device not found
jreidsma@ubuntu:~$ adb usb
However, the laptop mounts the tablet fine. The tablet never prompts for USB debugging so I think that is the issue.

I have tried changing the storage settings back and forth, changing it from debug and back, killing adb and restarting it with the tablet plugged in, none of it worked.

My nexus 7 prompts for usb debugging and shows up in the adb devices right away though.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
In /etc/udev/rules.d/99-android.rules I have
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="2922", ATTR{idProduct}=="8005", MODE="0666", OWNER="jreidsma"

In /etc/udev/rules.d/70-android.rules I have
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="2922", MODE="0666"

I found two websites and each one said something different, aka those two pieces of code for the two different files. But the one website was a bit outdated but worth a try.

I also tried this https://github.com/snowdream/51-android

I can't really install drivers from the ds or anything with this being a Linux laptop. So how would I "install" adb drivers?

Last edited:
Oh yes I have done that, but the sdk drivers are incompatible with Linux. The rest of the stuff I have installed from it thou.

I think it is just this tablet. My nexus 7 works fine with adb and my dad's cheap zeki tablet works fine. Everything except this ematic tablet.

You can't do this on a windows machine, it's either install using adb on an Ubuntu machine or I heard that you could flash it on.

I may have to look into putting the image on a sd card and flashing it onto the tablet. I want to just have one operating system on the tablet though so I don't know how that option would do.

Last edited:
Only if you don't have a custom recovery on the tablet. I'm guessing one isn't available for it?

Depending on what your "flash it on" option is, I would assume it would replace the entire OS, but you would need to see what the flash script does. Is it a specialized image for that tablet you're flashing, or is it the generic Ubuntu Touch image?

Sent from my HTC One

After looking into the second option, it is mainly for nexus android devices and only a few are available. It is for specific ones.

It's just weird that the computer can mount the tablet but adb can't see it.

These goofy Chinese made tablets :mad: :rolleyes:

Just another reason why I tell people to avoid those tablets, especially if they ever plan on modding them.

Sent from my HTC One

Back
Top Bottom