LG LV410 video player questions.

setishock

Wizard of Wires
My tablet is running Kitkat 4.4.2, kernel version 3.4.0+.

I'm using the built in video player and it's got some issues. Some of the movies I load on and try to play have a blue strip with audio not supported on it. Mostly on animated movies like Marvel and DC feature length files. Some live action movies have the same problem.
I'm back doing an auditor gig and have the movies playing for the noise.

1> Is there a codec pack that works with an android tablet?
2> I know I can switch to another player but will the player be able to pick up on the odd audio format?
3> How do I scan the video file to find the audio format?

I'd really like to root this tablet but from my last post about this tablet, it's too easy to wind up bricking it. I'd like to avoid that. It was a gift from ATT. I have yanked the sim card and canceled the account to it. Too much money to only use the hot spot feature once in a great while. Any way I legally own it and it's kinda neat. ATT is not providing any updates for the OS.
So I'd like to get them out of the guts of the tablet. Any safe and sane ways to get to the current android version for this model?

My tablet is running Kitkat 4.4.2, kernel version 3.4.0+.

I'm using the built in video player and it's got some issues. Some of the movies I load on and try to play have a blue strip with audio not supported on it. Mostly on animated movies like Marvel and DC feature length files. Some live action movies have the same problem.
I'm back doing an auditor gig and have the movies playing for the noise.

1> Is there a codec pack that works with an android tablet?
2> I know I can switch to another player but will the player be able to pick up on the odd audio format?
3> How do I scan the video file to find the audio format?
Try MX Player. It has additional decoders you can download (accessible through the Settings) - it's been able to play pretty much everything I had tried when I used it.

I'd really like to root this tablet but from my last post about this tablet, it's too easy to wind up bricking it.
Checked XDA for a easy root guide? Usually it's pretty foolproof to root.

So I'd like to get them out of the guts of the tablet. Any safe and sane ways to get to the current android version for this model?

Root it and/or unlock the bootloader and put a custom ROM / recovery on it. That'll be the only way if the manufacturer isn't supporting it officially anymore.

Ok I'll check that out. Would you expand on your last comment a bit.

Android devices ship with a locked bootloader. However, unlocking that bootloader (varies by devices) allows you to put a custom recovery/kernel, which will allow you to flash a custom ROM.

Interesting. I was Googling the names of the software and couldn't find anything specific to my tablet. I'll have to find how it's referred to other than LV410. It's got to have a G designation somewhere.

Thanks for your help. I'll be back with more questions for sure.

Back
Top Bottom