iPhone 6s repair help/advice

Cooda

Beta member
In need some help/advice with a broken iPhone 6s that I'm trying to repair. Unfortunately it went through a wash cycle and stopped working completely. I took it apart to check for any visible signs of damage but there were none that I noticed at the time.
I suggested to my friend (his phone) that it might be a bad battery so I went and ordered one, installed it, and still no power.
Taking a closer look with a magnifying glass I noticed some dark marks on the screen flex cables which now makes me think it could be just the screen that's not displaying anything.
My question is: Is there anyway I can test the phone without the screen to see what the problem is? I would hate to buy a new screen and it still end up not working. Any info is greatly appreciated!

I just tried and sadly no dice. I'm thinking maybe something could be wrong with the charging port but I haven't taken it that far apart, just up to the point of removing the logic board. Thank you though for the suggestion!

The device can operate without the screen attached, so if it's working you should be able to feel it buzz when it starts up etc. Leave it plugged in for an hour or so in case it needs to charge battery first, then try toggling the vibrate switch. If nothing happens, you can be a little more confident that it's just dead :/

Dude i have once used a sony ericson flip mobile without a flip screen. Its gone and i have used it like a month. blindly remembering key strokes and sending messages and making calls. awesome experience that was.

So if your phone screen is damaged you have to replace it or you have to use it like i used my sony mobile long ago. whats your challange ??

:D

Dude i have once used a sony ericson flip mobile without a flip screen. Its gone and i have used it like a month. blindly remembering key strokes and sending messages and making calls. awesome experience that was.

So if your phone screen is damaged you have to replace it or you have to use it like i used my sony mobile long ago. whats your challange ??

:D

Slightly different when your entire phone OS is touch-based.

Back
Top Bottom