HIGH QUALITY

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
i find myself in need of a couple of very high quality usb to micro usb cables. for charging my phone, and my daughters tablet. i have bought several generic ones off from eBay, and they work ok, if you fiddle with them. my daughter is very rough on these things. and she has ruined every good one in the house. so she can have the cheap ones i bought off from eBay, and i will buy a couple of good ones for myself. and for when she can not get one to work. then i will have one that I will use, to charge it for her. i need them to work every time, without a bunch of wiggling, and hoping that someone does not bump the cable while the device is charging. from my perspective, fit seems to be the real issue. gold plated connectors look pretty, and i know gold conducts much better than steel or even copper. but nothing is going to conduct if a contact isn't made. and that is where we are at right now. she has wiggled, wobbled and most likely bent every cord in the house. i just found one that fits well, but it is only 6" long, so using it is tricky. so, what is the "gold standard" when it comes to cables? i THINK Belkin is good, but that is just from advertisements. and no one is going to say they make junk!

Are you sure the problem isn't with the connector on the phone itself rather than the cords?

in her tablet, it may be the connector. but no one except me has ever plugged in my phone. she ran off with my oem cable about a month after i got my phone, and i have not seen it since. part of her "problem" is she has zero patience. if her tablet goes dead, she plugs it in, and keeps playing with it. the plug is on the bottom end of the tablet, and i have repeatedly caught, and told her about how that distorts the plug in connector in the tablet, and kinks the charging cable. but at 11 years old, i guess she is not capable of understanding the concept. i have gone as far as to show her that the fitting has loosened since she got it. but i can tell its not registering. i have not found a way of getting it thru her hard head yet.

talk to me about a wireless charger. is that an option for her and or i? or does the device need to be manufactured with a reciever or antenna in order for that to work?

in her tablet, it may be the connector. but no one except me has ever plugged in my phone. she ran off with my oem cable about a month after i got my phone, and i have not seen it since. part of her "problem" is she has zero patience. if her tablet goes dead, she plugs it in, and keeps playing with it. the plug is on the bottom end of the tablet, and i have repeatedly caught, and told her about how that distorts the plug in connector in the tablet, and kinks the charging cable. but at 11 years old, i guess she is not capable of understanding the concept. i have gone as far as to show her that the fitting has loosened since she got it. but i can tell its not registering. i have not found a way of getting it thru her hard head yet.
My wife is the same way..and I usually put a spring from a pen around where the connector meets the cable on the phone side to relieve stress of bending.

Best way to make her learn? Make her save up money so she can buy the cables herself - after a couple of cables she may finally learn to treat them better :).

talk to me about a wireless charger. is that an option for her and or i? or does the device need to be manufactured with a reciever or antenna in order for that to work?

Only if the device supports it, or you can buy a modified backplate/battery that supports it for that device. You can also look into seeing if people made it available via DIY modding that you could do.

Back
Top Bottom