Google Project Fi

Rider

Destroyer of Borst's Mom
Did anyone sign up for it? I was accepted into the beta last week, and I received by SIM card and Welcome Pack today.

Details of what it is: https://fi.google.com

I am in a 2 year agreement with AT&T currently, but I am debating on trying Fi out on the side out of curiosity and since its kind of cheap.

Lame...according to their coverage map, I'm only in "2G", so I won't have nice, high speed mobile network.

Though I do really like the sound of this part:

It's hard to predict your data usage when it changes month to month. One month you're streaming live sports, the next you're mostly just checking email. At the end of each month, you'll get your unused data credited in dollars and cents, so you only pay for what you use.

Lame...according to their coverage map, I'm only in "2G", so I won't have nice, high speed mobile network.

Though I do really like the sound of this part:

Yeah, I am in an idea location for the best service. I just wish I wasn't tied down to a contract and its too expensive to break it.

I'm still grandfathered into Verizon's Unlimited as well; so that's about the only reason I'm sticking with them so far (that and they still have good coverage pretty much everywhere in SD).

If VZW ever pushes me off of Unlimited data and Google Fi is a good alternative to AT&T still...then I'm definitely going to consider them. I'm guessing they're GSM-only phones though, right?

I'm still grandfathered into Verizon's Unlimited as well; so that's about the only reason I'm sticking with them so far (that and they still have good coverage pretty much everywhere in SD).

If VZW ever pushes me off of Unlimited data and Google Fi is a good alternative to AT&T still...then I'm definitely going to consider them. I'm guessing they're GSM-only phones though, right?

The Nexus 6 phones are dual band or whatever. I am on AT&T currently but my phone can use T-Mobile/Sprint if I switch to Fi.

If I had an unlimited VZW plan then I'd be reluctant to switch to anything as well lol. Verizon is a jerk of a company but they have amazing coverage and speeds.

The Nexus 6 phones are dual band or whatever. I am on AT&T currently but my phone can use T-Mobile/Sprint if I switch to Fi.

If I had an unlimited VZW plan then I'd be reluctant to switch to anything as well lol. Verizon is a jerk of a company but they have amazing coverage and speeds.

Yeah, just too bad I won't be able to get onto the new VoLTE network since I can't upgrade my plan...at least I don't think I'd be able to. Either way, still gotta buy phones outright/used.

Yeah, just too bad I won't be able to get onto the new VoLTE network since I can't upgrade my plan...at least I don't think I'd be able to. Either way, still gotta buy phones outright/used.

Damn yeah I can see VZW doing that to get people to get away from the grandfathered plans

So I am actually 90% decided to cancel AT&T. I just found a clause that if you're an AT&T Next person you don't have to pay an ETF and just payoff the balance of the phone. In a few months from the savings with Fi I'll make up the difference.

Back
Top Bottom