Galaxy S6 - Is my teenager using a 3rd party app to hide applications?

Well you can go through the installed apps list under Settings -> Applications -> All

You can also see if he has an app installed on there that's known for hiding apps.

I know that several of these apps have the ability to hide from the apps list and files. Do you know if these apps can be hidden from the list of downloads in the Play Store?

I haven't used any, so I'm not sure. Though you can remove apps from the downloaded apps list in the Play Store - not sure about the "My Apps" list section, though.

The rule is that he shares his passcode with us and we are able to look whenever we feel the need. The last time I checked out his open tabs there was a Google app page and I could tell that he'd searched how to hide apps. But, when I clicked on the Google tab, it went blank. And, I couldn't find a Google app anywhere on his phone. Clearly he's hiding some apps...

True, but he'll just immediately set it all up again. My goal is to get into what is hidden and cut him off at the pass when he's up to no good. While at the same time having an open dialog about making good choices. They'll do what they want to do. My intention is to silently police it so no harm is done.

Hi! I don't know if this will help, but it's a great tool to find files. Not much can hide from Search Everything. Just start typing in the search bar at the top after it has completed down loading. It just takes a few seconds. Let me know if it finds any thing interesting!! LOL
Gary!!Everything Search Engine
From voidtools: Everything is a search engine for Windows that replaces the normal Windows search with a much faster one. Unlike Windows search, Everything initially displays every file and folder on your computer. You can type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed. Everything only uses file and folder names and generally takes a few seconds to build its database. 1,000,000 files will take about 1 minute.
PS If he thinks that Search Everything will find what he's hiding, it might make him think twice!! LOL

Last edited:
Your welcome! Please let me know what it finds. Search everything is a excellent freeware App. I've used it for years. Very small down load!!
Gay!!
I typed Down loads in the search bar. This is what Search Everything found. I'll leave it up to your imagination what to search for :lol::lol:
I believe that's all my down loads. It took 10 seconds! LOL
Here's screen shot!!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom