Digital home phone concerns

oremon

Beta member
Hi all... I am intending to buy a digital home phone for my personal use. We are subscribed to the internet service of Acanac and they have digital phone distribution also. This is their home phone https://www.acanac.com/home-phone/. Is it good? When I have discussed with my friend about this, he said that VoIP is not worth for private use. It is good only for business communication. Is it true? Please do reply.

So, you're saying that VoIP isn't worth it for private use but what you linked is a VoIP service. That said, I completely disagree. VoIP is worth it for personal and business use and is the future of where phone service is going anyhow. Copper analog lines are quickly becoming a thing of the past. The service you linked looks to be about $20/month (plus taxes).

I would suggest that you check into Ooma. I have been using Ooma for almost 8 years with no issues. I pay for the premium service, which runs about $10/month ($120/year billed annually). The only thing you HAVE to pay for (here in the US at least) are the mandatory government regulated fees like the 9-1-1 fees and taxes. Otherwise, the service is technically free once you purchase the equipment, which typically runs about $120 here in the US.

You can check them out here: http://ca.ooma.com/

So, you're saying that VoIP isn't worth it for private use but what you linked is a VoIP service. That said, I completely disagree. VoIP is worth it for personal and business use and is the future of where phone service is going anyhow. Copper analog lines are quickly becoming a thing of the past. The service you linked looks to be about $20/month (plus taxes).

I would suggest that you check into Ooma. I have been using Ooma for almost 8 years with no issues. I pay for the premium service, which runs about $10/month ($120/year billed annually). The only thing you HAVE to pay for (here in the US at least) are the mandatory government regulated fees like the 9-1-1 fees and taxes. Otherwise, the service is technically free once you purchase the equipment, which typically runs about $120 here in the US.

You can check them out here: #1 Ranked Free Internet Phone Service | Ooma VoIP Phone
What I said is my friend's opinion. I need to clarify that to decide whether to buy or not. That's why I asked here.

I understand. I didn't mean that in a negative way, so I'm sorry if it came off that way. I still believe that VoIP is the way to go when it comes to price and stand by my recommendation of Ooma. I've had tons of experience with Vonage, Ooma, Comcast, Time Warner, Wide Open West, AT&T, MagicJack, and Skype. There are still plenty of other options and companies that I've not had experience with, however. So definitely do your research first but know that Ooma has been the best out of the ones I listed (in my opinion) so far. Let me know if you have any questions! Glad to try to help.

Back
Top Bottom