Deleting Android Partitions

littleefoxx

Baseband Member
ALRIGHTY! I've heard of many people having this issue and have a solution for my mom's tablet

Android 4.4 and up has the option for where you want to download to the SD Card. Below 4.4 however (as far as I know) does not. This iRulu (generic) tablet came with 8 GB internal storage which registers fine. The system automatically has a separate partition for the OS and built-in apps such as Google Search and Chrome.

The Google Play store uses the system partition as the default download, which we cannot find a way to change. So our temp fix was to download the file, then move it to the SD Card (We couldn't move it to the internal storage because the settings wouldn't read the 8 GB properly). Well now, with recent updates, the system partition is completely full so we are unable to download apps even though we have 8 GB internal and 8 GB SD card.

Now the problem has been explained, what I want to do is format the device fully, delete the partitions and manually put Android on it and be able to download to the the 8 GB by default.

I'm sort of new to Android but I'm experienced with Windows which I'm sure this will involve hooking it up to a computer. I hope someone can help me out! Thanks in advance.

The system partition is determined by the ROM - if you can find a custom ROM with a cutom sized /system partition (if it's possible on your device) then that would be the way to go. Resizing partitions isn't like doing it on a PC.

Well after some research about ROMs, I'm convinced that if I attempt it, it's going to anger me for days. I found a good tutorial for editing it yourself but ahh it seems so complicated

Appreciate your suggestion though! I thought it just had the same thing in it. Hardware companies need to stop being so different. The main reason I prefer Android is because it gives the user more integrated capabilities with the software and such but there's too many things that are fixed.

Hah yea. My dad bought it though and I tried to explain it to him "Don't buy crap tablets, they are crap to begin with and just wear down" he bought me an RCA a few weeks ago and it's already rebooting every few hours and running slow all the time. It's a good tablet for $50 so I can't complain.

I need to start a PC fund though. I'm still on the same netbook I described in my profile. I had to rebuild it recently due to it not charging as well because the charging jack just HAD to be under the motherboard haha but luckily it still works.

Back
Top Bottom